Re: field trip

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 18:11:53 -0400 (EDT)

I don't know if this will help, but something we did this year with our
art honor society group was to have a caricaturist noted in
Pittsburgh--John Johns come in to give a color caricature lesson for two
days for two periods. (Per 5-my art III, IV and Per. 6 -my planning) We
then ordered pizza for Thursday and Subs from subway for Friday. The
students watched John Johns paint, did their practice work, ate something
not a school lunch, spent time with friends...So see if there is some kind
of artist in your area who will spend some time, arrange the time, get
permission for the brought in lunch. (we had to get permission)

Maybe a variation on this would help.
Get permission to do sidewalk paintings in chalk of famous paintings and
eat icecream? I haven't done this but it sounds like fun. All--get
permission!
Let me know how it turns out.
Or do a variation of scavenger hunt by using laminated postcards? I don't
know--I'm rambling. Fran