RE: Origami

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sears, Ellen (ESears.us)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 15:06:26 -0400

If you really want to have a stress free time - I would invest in the
paper. It has to be cut accurately - or what a hard time (at least
while learning - once they feel better about it - try something else.)
I have used gift wrap (the cheaper the better).

For the demo - if you have an overhead - use sheets of waxed paper. The
students can fold with you, the folds are easy to see (you can see
through several folds of waxed paper).
You may want to try 'patty paper' - the paper between hamburger patties.
Key Curriculum Press has it, one thousand sheets for $6.00. I have used
it for geometry exploration, it may bee too small for a whole project,
but I would say you could practice folds with it. (Their package of
oragami paper, 400 6" sheets, is $17.95)

Are you doing individual pieces, or unit oragami? That would make a
difference, too.
Ellen