Re: Impressionism

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Collier Family (atla)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 07:53:52 +0200

carla schiller wrote:

> Nicki - I don't think it's appropriate to provide answers to questions you
> are supposed to be researching (if I sound like a high school teacher, I
> am!). You're welcome to view my Art History links and you'll find a
> number of useful internet sources. There are also many good art history
> books that will help you, such as those by Janson , Stokstad, and Gardner.
> My art history webpage is located at:
> http://lausd.k12.ca.us/~charwitt/art.html
> Good luck!
>
> Carla Schiller, Esq.
> Teacher, Highly Gifted Magnet
> North Hollywood High School, CA
> e-mail: charwitt.us
> webpage index: http://lausd.k12.ca.us/~charwitt/index.html
> People tend to make the best choice from among those they see,
> they just don't always see ALL the choices.......
>
> On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 NickiG4 wrote:
>
> > This is not a response, but rather, a cry for help. I am
> > a senior in high school doing research on impressionism
> > for my senior project. I need a couple of questions
> > answered.
> >
> > 1. How has impressionism affected modern life, in the art
> > sense and beyond?
> > 2. HOw did impressionism evolve?
> > 3. Who were some of the most influential artists?
> > 4. Are there any impressionist artists today?
> > 5. Are there any people or sources you could refer me to
> > that could benefit my research?
> >
> > If anyone could help me with these questions, please get
> > back to me as soon as possible. You can e-mail me at
> > NickiG4. Thank you.

Could asking questions like Nicki did not be part of the research
process?
When my kids were smaller they used ask me about all sorts of things. I
spoke to their respective teachers and she said that the process of
asking is just as important as it is neccessary to know which questions
to ask.

I am sure this helped Nicki as she must have got a lot of info as well
as being pointed in the right direction. We are all resources for
subsequent generations.

Now if I could figure out who to ask about the whereabouts of my car
that got stolen I would be very happy

Tracey in South Africa