Re: The passing of Linda Mc Cartney

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lr23961
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 22:27:52 -0500 (EST)

I believe the name of this listserve is artsEDnet, and even though I'm a
mere student, I also happen to believe that a role of a teacher goes
beyond teaching art (or math, or english, etc.). A good teacher cares
about others, and is concerned about the issues outside the classroom that
effect students. Sensitivity to the feelings of others should come with
the job. The death of Linda McCartney, an artist, has effected
many people. Art is about life; one should not snatch art from its
context by removing all traces of the outside world. Linda McCartney's
death has more to do with art than one might think.
My condolences to the McCartneys.
Laura
P.S.Your parody of John Lennon's song is distasteful.