Re: Origami/Marbleizing

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 16:32:19 -0400

OOooops,did I say OOoops. I didn't realize it would be hard( the paper
that is) maybe for another project. Giftwrapping paper is great for
origami. Some of the characters use only one sided paper. I vote for the
copy paper. Or if you have a company who donates their scrap paper then
sure stamp over it. I still prefer fun foam on either film canisters or
foamboard for stamping though. I know you can keep potatoes in a baggie
but I don't like them. However carrots are okay.

Note to self:

Sureal dream- Inside a closet not much there. Darkness,surrounded by
large Carrots and Potatoes but what's this? They have been cut and made
into stamps. AAAAAH I am covered in a baggie. They plop me up and down
on my head,stamping me on the paper meant for them.Where's the light
cord??????????????????????????????????????

Sandra

Lydia West wrote:

> I marbleized paper once with kindergaterners. We used the less toxic liquid
> starch/acrylic paint method, and fairly thin paper ( we were going to make
> notecards or stationery). It turned out looking beautiful, but I found that
> it made the paper very stiff and curled at the edges. Maybe a different type
> of paper, or different drying method, would yeild better results. Definitely
> worth experimenting with!
> Lydia West

  • Reply: Fran Marze: "Re: Multi cultural art education"