Origami Papers

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Alix E. Peshette (apeshet)
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 09:51:08 +0000

Hi Dayna,
How about having the students print their own patterned papers using
rubber stamp prints and stamp pad ink? The stamps can be designs cut
out of thin self-adhesive foam insulation, adhered to film canisters
(as handles) or even the ends of pencil erasers, scored into designs. There is
also the old cut potato idea or (my old favorite fast, but messy
stamp idea) using oil based modeling clay to create fast stamp
designs which are printed with stamp pad ink. Another quick stamp
technique is to put rubber bands or string around toilet paper tubes, roll them
across the stamp pad ink and then roll them across the paper for a
wavy line pattern. Heck, they could even do finger print designs,
using their own fingers! Printing their own papers would also
be an excellent lead into a lesson on pattern, rhythm, repetition,
etc.

Paper-wise, I would stick with photocopy paper because it is
available, thin and makes a good crease. Good luck with this project,
it sounds fun!

-Alix Peshette
Emerson Junior High School
Davis, CA