Re: adhesive for art shows-HELP!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Ellyn Wenk (ellyn)
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 09:27:21 -0500

Louise wrote:

> >ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO HOLD UP LARGE PIECES OF PAPER WITHOUT DAMAGING
> WALLS?

I hang large paper up by cloths pins that I stick between the ceiling
tile and the paper edge. This works great.

> Don't tell my boss (a neat & tidy) but I have occasionally used a cool
> hot
> glue gun. For removal, it can SLOWLY be peeled off. I tested this in
> my
> store room and would advise the same before you join the ranks of the
> unemployed.
> Louise

I did this too, and it does not take the paint off. You only need as
much as a grain of sand. The hot glue is less damaging than the tape!
However, the janitors complained and I can no longer do this. So don't
publicize that you are doing it. Velcro strips also work. Hanging long
ribbon vertically from the ceiling tile clothes pin than putting the
pictures up in a horizontal fashion works great too. I have seen hook
and eye screws
( holes drilled into the wall then put a plastic plug into the hole then
put in the screw it will expand ) into cement block walls and then a
wire stretched across the wall for students work to be hung from. Only
damage came from the two