Re: woah

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 06:39:57 -0700

ArtNoire wrote:

> Subject: woah
> Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 00:53:09 EDT
> From: ArtNoire <ArtNoire>
> To: ArtNoire

> picture</a>

Would the person who posted this please identify him- or herself and some
info on the picture before I mail a letter of complaint to your server?
This looks suspiciously like spam to me!

For the rest of you here: spammers will often send what appears to be a
legit message (here, an "arty" name), or a reply to something you posted
("Re: Hi," "Re: the info you requested.")

And of course, you should NEVER download any e-mail attachment when you
don't know who the sender is, nor should you ever respond to a spammer's
suggestion that you send a Remove message in the subject line; this just
lets them know they found a legit address.

Maggie