Pre-school art/ brain research etc.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Louise (
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 12:17:19 -0400

>From: Aashaa <Aashaa>
>Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 21:46:54 EDT
>Subject: Pre-school art/ cognitive development?
>I'm a pre-school art teacher who is very interested in exploring this
>Does early exposure (pre-school) to quality art making experiences promote
>long term cognitive development? (Why should music get all the credit?)
>I am interested in locating research thats been done, (quantitative or
>qualitative) regarding the positive effects of visual art activites on pre-
>school children. I would appreciate any references that you may be able to
>refer me to.
>Thank you for your help. Kerry Paone

I just read an 8 page brochure put out by Association for Supervision and
Curriculum Development - ASCD. It was GREAT and was called ARTS
education:A cornerstone of Basic Education, Spring 1998. It can be
ordered. The stock number is 198205, email---update.

This is an organization for admin. and curr. dev. It's nice to come from
another angle rather than the arts people.

  • Reply: Gina Booth: "Re: Need to find CorelDraw4 group license"