Re: Van Gogh show.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
elwood p dowd (harvey96)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 19:12:37 -0400

Oh dear me...this Van Gogh show sounds like another blockbuster. It is
nice
to see so many people interested in art (or are they?)... but it's like a
herd of
cattle trying to see the art over peoples heads and children screaming..
I think the public is being shammed by these colossals ........ they are
lead
around like a bull with a gold ring in his nose......told what to look
at,
what to like and what the "experts" tell them is "good" art. I was there
for
Picasso in NYC, I was their for Monet and Gaugain in Chicago..."been
there, done that"
Not sure I want to do it again, just to carry around a "Van Gogh"
shopping bag
or another refrigerators magnet.....oh aren't we so vain ??? (as we make
fantastic fools of ourselves) ???

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998 17:17:35 -0400 Joseph Augusta <jaugusta>
writes:
>mary bolyard wrote:
>>
>> There was an article in our newspaper that stated the Van Gogh show
>will be in
>> Washington D.C.
>
>I visited the Van Gogh (BTW-his surname rhymes with ock as in clock)
>museum in Amsterdam last year and I can tell you it's no big deal.
>His
>paintings were incredibly small and stuck behind a wall of glass so no
>wackos could slash them, and with all the people showing up for the
>show, rather than the art...I may have wished for Janson's History of
>world Art to really contemplate the pics. So... be forewarned....
>
>Joseph

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]