Re: Van Gogh show.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 17:17:35 -0400

mary bolyard wrote:

> There was an article in our newspaper that stated the Van Gogh show will be in
> Washington D.C.

I visited the Van Gogh (BTW-his surname rhymes with ock as in clock)
museum in Amsterdam last year and I can tell you it's no big deal. His
paintings were incredibly small and stuck behind a wall of glass so no
wackos could slash them, and with all the people showing up for the
show, rather than the art...I may have wished for Janson's History of
world Art to really contemplate the pics. So... be forewarned....

Joseph