raiding the art supplies.....

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 17:13:38 -0700

>BluesTruth wrote:
>>
>> Calling all Art teachers! What a good "one-liner" for teachers who constanly
>> ask for art supplies for their room or other stuff & 1) never return or 2)
>> interupt class
>> I am saying that I'm not a suplply store and all that-but you've got people
>> that won't take NO for an answer! Any suggestion? Thanx, all!

Hi...It took me a LONG time to figure this one out. I just make them pay
for it up front. I make up my own price, you bet. I don't get many
requests....I think....because they have to dig it out of their own
pockets. I hate to say "no" to teachers who want to include art into their
curriculum and this way I'm not the bad guy..er gal. Even if they send kids
to beg, they have to cough up the dough. It gives me a wee small kitty to
buy incidentials that always seem to pop up due to my never-perfect budget
planning. I order, at the beginning of the year, some cheap warehouse
paint, couple of extra packs of white/colored paper, cheap brushes, cheap
colored pencils, glue....and I'm in the retail business!

If they have to pay for it out of their own $, then they have to do all the
paperwork with the district and wait a month to be reimbursed out of their
own budgets. It just ain't worth the hassle to them! Sooooooooo....I'm
asked VERY rarely.

Bunki Kramer
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Rd.
Danville, California 94526
bkramer.ca.us

  • Reply: rgibas: "Re: art supplies & money handling"