Re: need art advice

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 16:09:00 -0700

BluesTruth wrote:

> Calling all Art teachers! What a good "one-liner" for teachers who constanly
> ask for art supplies for their room or other stuff & 1) never return or 2)
> interupt class
> I am saying that I'm not a suplply store and all that-but you've got people
> that won't take NO for an answer! Any suggestion? Thanx, all!

I was having the same problem when I started at the HS. My M.O. now is to place a
notice to all dept. heads and sponsors in the faculty newsletter in May to remind them
to order whatever paints, brushes, etc. they need for the following year, as my budget
won't stretch to cover the whole school. Of course, some don't bother, so I remind them
again in August to order from the district warehouse well before homecoming week. I
also ask the front office to stock paint, brushes, and paper for anyone's use as well.

Of course, there are always some kids or even teachers with special projects that
weren't planned ahead of time; in that case, I tell them they can use my supplies IN MY
ROOM during my planning period, at lunch, or after school. If they don't clean well
enough to suit me, I just hold their project hostage until they do ;)

I keep my worst brushes, jugs of tempera, and rolls of paper from the district warehouse
(which don't come directly out of my budget) handy for just that purpose.

Maggie**remove x in address to reply