Re: O.K. Ages for Paper Mache

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Wed, 08 Apr 1998 22:40:10 -0500

Rachel,
I helped out at our rec. center, when the Cultural Affair Council
sponsered a folk artist to come and do several classes. We had kids from
1st to 6th grade and they all had fun. The artist had a rule that worked
well for her. Everyone had their own supplies. SACAC paid for them, but
rather than put them out on the table in the middle she gave each child
their own pile of supplies. That cut down on aggressive kids taking the
"best color" of tissue paper ect. We did have to watch that the younger
ones did not put too much paste on their work. We made pinata's the days
I helped. They had made a simpler bowl (using a plastic bowl as a form)
earlier in the week, so that helped them learn how to work with paper
mache.
Kimberly