Plaster mask project

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
DaynaB62 (DaynaB62)
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 00:27:26 EDT

From: DaynaB62 <DaynaB62>
To: DaynaB62
Subject: Re: copyright laws
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 00:21:54 EDT

New art teacher here.... (but rapidly getting old, count the new gray

Has anyone used the plaster-impregnated strips...... and can advise me about
the media?? I want to do a simple mask project with 6th graders. It has been
a long-standing art tradition in my school to do this with 6th, so I hate to
disappoint. I've heard you can put vaseline on their faces,,, or plastic wrap
(with holes cut for nose)... How long does this need to dry on their faces,
and how many layers are needed? I don't think I want to mache' over it,,,,
just paint. I have 90 students and 2 20- pound boxes of strips. Does this
sound like enough material???