Re: Miriam Schapiro

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mike Delaney (edelaney)
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 20:23:10 -0500

I did projects one year on Miriam. She worked in making collage fans. e
looked at fans from other countries and discussed the reason for fans.
They then folded wallpaper fans and drew them with colored pencil and
pencil. This was a beginning art class. We also worked in collage for the
beginning three-D calss. I thought about making clay fans. She also did a
collage picture with a Kimona theme. You could work this into it. She
designed a large sculpture for a city and I had my sculpture students make
sculptures out of foam board. They turned out really nice. Maybe you
could have them design a fan with wallpaper book pages. They could use a
collage method.