Fwd: senior portfolios

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
RWilk85411 (RWilk85411)
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 19:10:54 EDT

--part0_891990654_boundary

From: RWilk85411 <RWilk85411>
To: LydiaWest
Subject: Re: senior portfolios
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 19:10:11 EDT

Well, according to the teachers in Horry, Gerogetown, and Florence counties in
SC, a portfolio has no importance whatsoever. I recently sponsored a portfolio
in which the students from the aforementioned counties would have gotten the
answers to all the questions you posed and also a one-on-one meeting with the
reps from various colleges, universities, and commercial art enterprises. They
would have left with a written document which they could have used to guide
them in putting together their portfolio for whatever purpose arose. Not one
art teacher in any of the counties responded. Two days after the deadline one
teacher responded with a request to bring two students. I had already begun
cancelling the free pizza lunch and the reps, some of whom were traveling
several hundred miles. One school was going to give a small scholarship on the
spot. They were flying their video person in from some distance. Obviously
those of us giving the party were more excited than the invitees. But I will
try again next year. Because portfolios are important. So more power to you.
Reatha

--part0_891990654_boundary--