Re: ziegler-artsednet ? posting

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
bob carl (bcarl28)
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 22:18:36 -0400

Being 1/32 native north american, i would suggest that you stop using the
drug store
labels such as "totem poles". please refer to these sacred objects as
"totems".
i would stay away from cardboard tubes and the like. i suggest building
them in
clay or wood. the Edelgeorg Museum in Indianapolis has many fine examples
of
native art. Some years (6 or 7 ) they sponsored an exhibit with works
from
inuit and siberian native people, a beautiful catalog is available.
good luck in your search.sometimes the journey for the truth is worth
more than
the final product.
metakalas!

On Mon, 06 Apr 1998 18:43:47 +0000 Michael Ziegler
<mziegle> writes:
>I'm interested in creating a totem pole with a junior high class.
>Doese anyone have any ideas as to what materials would suite such a
>young audience?

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]