Re: Scratch Art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla schiller (charwitt.us)
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 09:24:12 -0400

Hi to all Artsednetters out there! I'm not sure what this scratch-art post
was responding to, but it caught my eye. I just want to share with you
that I did this project with my Advanced Placement (college level) Art
History students as a kind of Black-Figured vase painting simulation,
during the time we were studying Archaic Greek art. The students really
liked it, and had never done it in elementary school much to my surprise.

BTW, I hadn't responded to the "tell us about you" thread because I was
embarrassed to have no professional artistic skills whatsoever. I am a
corporate lawyer-turned public high school teacher. I have the good
fortune to be one of the two "sosh" teachers at the North Hollywood High
School Highly Gifted Magnet, and teach AP Art History (I minored in it at
Cornell U.), AP Econ, AP Government, and World History. There's more
about me at my personal page http://lausd.k12.ca.us/~charwitt/carla.html,
but you may be more interested in my art history links. Go to my index --
http://lausd.k12.ca.us/~charwitt -- and click on art history. I really
enjoy this group! Thank you all!!!
--Carla

Carla Schiller, Esq.
Teacher, Highly Gifted Magnet
North Hollywood High School, CA
e-mail: charwitt.us
*********
People tend to make the best choice from among those they see,
they just don't always see ALL the choices.......
*********