Re: What do teachers do in the summer?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jane Shiflett Manner (jmanner)
Sun, 05 Apr 1998 16:39:54 -0400

At 11:52 PM 4/4/98 -0600, you wrote:
>The entire school year is devoted to my students and my school. The few
>weeks of the summer belong to me.
>Debbie Nicholas
>Linden-Kildare Jr. High
>102 N. Taylor
>Linden, TX 75563
>dnick

Thanks, Debbie. In Georgia we have the option of getting 12 equal checks,
an option I choose. In the summers I take the courses or do the work which
earns SDUs to keep my certification updated and I take students on
educational trips which are art related. Neither activity involves enough
remuneration to mention, but both feed my mind and this summer it is 13
hungry minds to London, Paris, Lucern, and the length of Italy which will
also feeds my spirit!
(I could go to Italy every year and never tire of it.)
I'm lucky enough to live on a lake which lures my dispersed family to visit
for recreation and those who are also artists like to share my work space
as they vacation. I LOVE teaching, but I also LOVE the summer! The second
half of June, all of July, and the first weeks of Augusts never last long
enough!!! (I find the school year flies by now too. Life is short. I am
so glad that I enjoy what I do.)

Jane