Fwd: : letter from camp

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ALandABJL (ALandABJL)
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 08:23:07 EST

--part0_891696187_boundary

To: deanders.mn.us, CATHEXNAV, CARDENS,
RALPHANDSUSAN, KENNETH.GOINS, jpgou812,
huntsouth, AlandABJL, rapski,
WUD.STUFF, QUEENSE, Rasmusse,
bbboop, ysightler, DGT.ST,
E.TITUS, FatWag
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 17:35:09 -0500
Subject: : letter from camp
From: grengs-manor (c grengs)

Letter From Camp Catastrophe
Lake Typhoid
Near the mountains, USA

Dear Mom and Dad,

We are having a great time here at Lake Typhoid. Scoutmaster Webb is
making us all write to our parents in case you saw the flood on TV and
worried. We are okay. Only one of our tents and two sleeping bags got
washed away. Luckily, none of us got drowned because we were all up on
the mountain looking for Chad when it happened.

Oh yes, please call Chad's mother and tell her he is okay. He can't
write because of the cast. I got to ride in one of the search and
rescue jeeps. It was neat. We never would have found him in the dark
if it hadn't been for the lightning. Scoutmaster Webb got mad at Chad
for going on a hike alone without telling anyone. Chad said he did
tell him, but it was during the fire so he probably didn't hear him.

Did you know that if you put gas on a fire the gas can will blow up?
The wet wood still didn't burn, but one our tents did; also some of
our clothes. John is going to look weird until his hair grows back. We
will be home on Saturday if Scoutmaster Webb gets the car fixed. It
wasn't his fault about the wreck. The brakes worked okay when we left.

Scoutmaster Webb said that a car that old you have to expect something
to break down; that's probably why he can't get insurance on it. We
think it's a neat car. He doesn't care if we get it dirty, and if it's
hot, sometimes he lets us ride on the tailgate. It gets pretty hot
with ten people in a car. He let us take turns riding in the trailer
until the highway patrolman stopped and talked to us. Scoutmaster Webb
is a neat guy. Don't worry, he is a good driver. In fact, he is
teaching Terry how to drive. But he only lets him drive on the
mountain roads where there isn't any traffic. All we ever see up here
are logging trucks.

This morning all of the guys were diving off the rocks and swimming
out in the lake. Scoutmaster Webb wouldn't let me because I can't swim
and Chad was afraid he would sink because of his cast, so he let us
take the canoe across the lake. It was great. You can still see some
of the trees under the water from the flood. Scoutmaster Webb isn't
crabby like some scoutmasters. He didn't even get mad about the life
jackets. He has to spend a lot of time working on the car, so we are
trying not to cause him any trouble. He said he learned about auto
mechanics when he was in prison!!

Guess what? We have all passed our first aid merit badges. When Dave
dove in the lake and cut his arm we got to see how a tourniquet works.
Also Wade and I threw up. Scoutmaster Webb said it probably was just
food poisoning from the leftover chicken.

I have to go now. We are going into town to mail our letters and buy
bullets. Don't worry about anything. We are fine.

Love,
Paul

P.S. How long has it been since I had a tetanus shot?

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

--part0_891696187_boundary--