Re: Chatting on Net

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Fri, 03 Apr 1998 18:58:11 -0500

Kirby McDowell wrote:

> What happened to the days when people took pride in writing letters with
> correct spellings (especially of people's names).

Oh! for the good old days when people knew how to spell and add--and had
no need of spellcheck and calculators! If we could only go back to the
days of the horse and buggy, candlelight, washbasins and potties!

After you, dear!

There are more important things to concern ourselves with these days.
We're able in an instant to peer into another's culture, and incorporate
something of value, in form and content, into our own.

If you've ever travelled to a country where you only had a few words of
the language, you learned how to use your wits to communicate-- with
signs as well as words. Haven't we all done that? And were we concerned
if the words we tried to use and understand were spelled correctly?

Best wishes,
Joseph

PS More important than the spelling of Giacommeti's name is his
work--what do know about that?