ALTERNATIVE ED AND ART

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maria Bodmann (af063)
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 08:06:57 -0800

Hi Jeff,

There's a wonderful organization in Los Angeles called the HeART Project.
Each year they set up about six sessions of 10 week artist residencies
mostly in continuation high schools. Each year they have different artists
in different disciplines, including music, theater, visual art, dance,
architecture and more. I was lucky enough to be one of their resident
artists where I taught Making Shadow Characters. The students made
Balinese style shadow puppets of rawhide. The residency was a lot of work
for all involved, but it was very rewarding.

If you like I can have the director mail you information.

Maria

--
Maria Bodmann, BALI & BEYOND, shadow
http://www.balibeyond.com/gamelan