Re: Eric Carle

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
freckles spots (freckles_spot)
Thu, 02 Apr 1998 06:33:23 PST

There is a wonderful video on Eric Carle and how he creates his books.
It shows him painting his tissue papers and holding his paint covered
hands to the camera and saying...How many older men do you know that get
to play in paint like I do? It is very educational. I rented it from
my local library.
I use "A House for a Hermit Crab" when we are studing oceans and coral
reefs. Children design there own paper with fingerpaint after viewing
the video. After the paintings are dry, they use the paintings to
create a collage. Students trade papers so they get many different
colors and textures.
Judy
Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 20:39:27 -0500
To: artsednet.edu
From: "Andrea C. Furer" <acf125>
Subject: Eric Carle

Hi everybody,
I am an early-childhood education major at Penn State University.
For my final project in my ART ED class I have decided to focus on Eric
Carle. More specifically I am planning on teaching a lesson on either
the
book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" or "Little Cloud". The grade level
that
the lesson will be focused on is Kindergarten. Right now I am working
on
the different themes in the books such as metamorposis, and changing
yourself sometimes but being happy with turning back to who you really
are.
Anyways, if anybody has any suggestions on the lesson, or ideas that
they
have used to teach about Eric Carle that would be great.
Thanks for your help,
Andrea