school art videos

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 20:26:53 -0700

Hi, Judy and everyone else!

I think this is an excellent idea and I'd like to get some feedback about
the same query from others, soooooo...let's everybody jump in and share
their favorite video.

Mine's MASTERS OF ILLUSION for middle school, high school level mainly. No
sexual innuendos to worry about (at my school, at least!) but lots of
thought-provoking ideas generated. Deals with diff. points of view, camera
angles, great for perspective (including the history of persp.), anamorphic
art history, and the Renaissance masters. Video price is very reasonable -
$29.95 from Crystal Productions - and is 30 mins. long which is great for a
45-min. class period...time for discussions. I recommend it highly and it
would work into the perspective arena fabulously.

Thanks, Judy, 4 startin' this discussion! Cya.........Bunki

You wrote:
>It is the time of year again that I think about what to order for my middle
>school classes next year. I would like some help this year from other middle
>school teachers with my two questions:

>2. If you could tell me 2 or 3 videos that your students really like I could
>get some practical imput on what videos to buy for my students. I am
>not picking any specific subject right now. I would gladly work my lessons
>around some videos that the students will enjoy and learn from.

Judy

Bunki Kramer
Los Cerros Middle School
Danville, California 94526