questions about web suggestions

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Diane C. Gregory, Ph.D. (dg09)
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 08:41:07 -0500

Christy:

Thanks for your suggestions. What do you mean by a web based Conference?
Can you give me an example?

What role should a university art education web page serve as part of the
larger art education community? I think it is important to tie the content
of the web page to specific courses on my campus and get students involved
doing their coursework. I am also looking for suggestions as to how a
university art education web site might be helpful to others throughout the
world.

>Let you students help give you input on this. You need to find out what
>will get THEM to useit. Links to pages of a variety of topics of
>interest to students (education-specific cultures, artists, other arts
>education papges) are usually appreciated. A web Based Conference is fun.
>Made and used as part of a course it can assure you that students will go
>their. Reference items (List of questions for inquiry that can be viewed
>and then questions selected, for example).
>
>Hope this helps.
>Christy
>
>On Sat, 26 Apr 1997 dg09 wrote:
>
>> Dear All:
>>
>> I have been working on some ideas for a web page for the art education
>> program at my university (Southwest Texas State University). I have
>> revised it constantly and like making artwork, my ideas keep changing as I
>> work on it. I have started over several times because I am never really
>> satisfied with the proposed content or structure, etc.
>>
>> Could you all take a moment to identify what you think should be on a
>> university art education web site? What purpose would you see it serving?
>> What could be done that would be different than other sites? What kinds of
>> things are really lacking on the web as it relates to art education?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your input.

Diane C. Gregory, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Art Education
dg09 (university e-mail in San Marcos)