Re: Coloring Books

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Numo Jaeger and Michael Miller (jaegmil)
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 17:47:49 -0400

Hi Bob,

I visited a high school art teacher this past Monday who gave out "coloring
book" pages as homework assignments.

They are not your typical coloring books though. These are the Anti-Coloring
Books by Susan Striker. Have you seen this series?

I liked the idea. It invites the students who will not draw anything to take
a chance and create the rest of an already started piece. It spurs interest
in seeing how the original artist completed the work. It keeps them drawing
at home.

The pages are like prompts not coloring in the lines. I think these books
promote creative thinking with out excessive pressure for excellent drawing
that inhibit some high school students.

What are your opinions on this?