Re: I need help

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
henry (taylorh)
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 17:47:52 -0700 (MST)

If Leggs eggs are hard to come by, small balloons work well too.

Traditionally, here in the southwest, a wild gourd was used (no
papier-mache) and painted with transparent waterbased paints. A soft
wooden stick, about the thickness of a thumb (larger if you have tiny
thumbs, gloves generally don't come big enough for me :) went all the way
through and was smoothed off at the top where it came through the gourd.
The handle often had a leather thong through it so that it could be
looped around the wrist and not dropped easily.

sky blues, rusty reds, ocher yellows, black, and white were common
colors.

....hmmm you know, if gourds are hard to come by oranges would work too,
but it takes quite a while to dry them hard (unless you have silica gel or
other flower drying stuff) they need to be lightly stuffed with a paper
towel to keep their shape. It requires some delicacy to get the orange
out without tearing the peel.

-henry