Re: quotes

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
David Larsen (dll-marino.k12.ca.us)
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 13:22:57 -0700

Jimmye Livingston wrote:

> A project I want to do over the summer (and thank God it's nearly here) is
> to put together quotes by famous artists and/or quotes about creativity,
> motivation, etc. These would be displayed throughout the year and changed
> periodically as a motivational tool. Does anyone have any quotes to share?
>
> Thanks...
> Jimmye

Here are a few that I have used. I find these and others to be very
good at developing discussions on various moral, social, and
motivational topics. We try to cover one every week or two.

David Larsen
Valentine School
San Marino

Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.
Samuel Johnson

People Not Willing To Learn Are Willing To Be Ignorant

This will never be a civilized country until we spend more money for
books than we do for chewing gum.
Elbert G. Hubbard

It is important to listen before you talk.

People hear what they expect to hear.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and
should be doing for themselves.
Abraham Lincoln

If opportunity doesn’t knock,
build a door.
Milton Berle

It is always the adventurers who accomplish great things.