Re: h.k. art edu.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
henry (taylorh)
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 18:10:34 -0700 (MST)

Vicky,

With a curriculum in place but nothing or litle beyond that it would seem
that one would need to use the curriculum only as a place to begin
improvisation from.

Curriculums are useful tho; especially where the students remain in a
school for most, if not all, of their education. If, however, student's
come and go with great frequency, many of the benefits of a solid
curriculum would seem to be negated?

Holding ONLY to a single topic prefered by the teacher is an interesting
issue. In Asia it seems that there is a long tradition of studying with
an expert in a single style or media. This is not such a popular notion
in the Western world.

Another thing to consider relative to Hong Kong I suppose is how much that
particular curriculum is likely to change in coming years with all the
political and social changes that are, or may be, in the offing.

I'd be interested in your perspectives on the possible effect of
governmental change in Hong Kong.

She-she,
-henry