Re: positive/negative space

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Teresa Tipton (ttipton.wa.us)
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 19:35:48 -0700 (PDT)

I usually demonstrate it visually by cutting out a shape from a piece of
paper. The "positive" shape that is cut out leaves a shape in the larger
piece of paper, the negative. By pointing out which is which and then
drawing relationships to what you want them to understand, they will grasp
it more easily.

Teresa Tipton