Re: Impressionism

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Margaret Grosspietsch (Margaret.M.Grosspietsch-1)
Sun, 20 Apr 97 09:57:29 -0500

Responding to the message of <335A3386.1D2D>
from kprs:

San D wrote:

> I kind of got lost in your question. Are you asking how to go from
> figure drawing to impressionism? Or just how to go to impressionism?

I'm asking both, really... the school where I'm student teaching goes from
figure drawing to painting, focusing on impressionism. I think I have the option
to choose whether or not I continue to use figures in the painting unit or not.
If I were going from figure drawing to painting and expressionism (as I wanted
to do), it just seemed like a more natural progression. Although impressionism
does capture a moment in time, I tend to ignore the Degas' and the Renoir's,
etc. and think instead about Monet's landscapes--that's what has been giving me
trouble in seeing a natural transition from one unit to the next.

Anyway, I LOVE your idea about capturing a moment in time in the rest rooms;
however, in this Junior High, NO ONE is in the rest rooms (thanks to hall
monitors who do a decent job) during class time. We might have to work something
out with another class and draw them (??)

I'm still open to more ideas! Any successful impressionism painting lessons will
help kick my planning into gear. Thanks.

Margaret