Re: public sculpture

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nancy Walkup (walkup)
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 08:46:16 CST6CDT

An interesting public sculpture:

This is not a controversial issue about public sculpture, but a
item that may be of interest. There is a new movie in release
called "Cadillac Ranch" in which three sisters find their way
to the real Cadillac Ranch. Also, PBS recently aired a feature
about Cadilllac Ranch..

For those of you not familiar with Cadillac Ranch, it's a public
sculpture (for lack of a better term) of a number of cadillacs
buried partially in the ground so that the body and tail of each
car is above ground and slanting towards the sky. The cars are
in a row in the middle of a field and can be seen from the
Interstate on the western outskirts of Amarillo, Texas. I think
it would be a great work to compare to Carhenge in Nebraska.

Nancy> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 22:11:34 -0500

Nancy Walkup, Project Coordinator
PO Box 5098, University of North Texas
Denton, TX 76203
817/565-3986 FAX 817/565-4867