Re: Art Fairs in different systems

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Chaney (lchaney)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 22:13:39 -0500

Smurthwaite wrote:

> Anyway, good luck. I usually cut out the artists names that I have
> taught over the year and put them on banners and hang them from the
> ceiling. Parents appreciate knowing the artists that we study.
>

> Kelly in CT

Hello All,

Along the lines of letting parents know the artists we study in class;
my students recreate huge art prints on posterboard. Students study
famous works and paint their rendition of them on a large piece of
posterboard. (The board was donated from a box company in the area).
The paintings are then laminated and we hung them over the ceiling tiles
in the art room. I have been doing this for about 5 years now. My
ceiling is almost filled. Like a tiny museum.

Other students, teachers and parents can view famous works at any time,
by just looking up!!!

Also our high school has a commons area (lounge) for the students. This
same concept of ceiling tile paintings has been used there also. Senior
art students leave their mark on the school by creating a ceiling tile
to represent their class. This also has cut down on graffiti (Class of
97' written everywhere).

Mel Chaney
Midway R-1