Re: Curriculum Issues: Inquiry Seminar

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Ben Schasfoort (Ben.Schasfoort)
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 22:09:36 +0200

At 20:45 10-04-97 +0000, you wrote:
>Dear Artsednet folks,
>Eldon L. Katter said that during a student teacher observation that he
>noted students addressing some very interesting questions to Picasso.
>The students then formulated possible answers to the questions. I
>would like to know I any of you think that this formation of questions
>is usable in asking for meaning in a work of art? Which do you think
>is more meaningful, identification and interpretation of meaning or
>question and answer strategies?
>
>Thanks!
>Kara English
>kle0003.unt

Klara,
In my opinion strategy has a lot to do with didactics. The Picasso students
were indeed identifying and interpreting the meaning of Picasso's work. They
did it by formulating questions together in a different (and for them
probably exiting) way. I think it was a good idea.
Ben Schasfoort
e-mail: ben.schasfoort
Tel. and fax: (+31) 597 55 15 03