Re: public sculpture curriculum

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
BSS (rekcets)
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 04:21:11 -0700

Ruth Thomas wrote:

> Greetings Arts Ed Netters!
>
> How have you used public sculpture or monuments in your curriculum?
> Where did you get your information and images?
>
> Have you ever used the Save Outdoor Sculpture site?
>
> http://www.nic.org/sos/sos.html
> http://www.nic.org/sos/4kids/index.html
>
> Do you know of any other exciting web sites for public sculpture
> information?
>
> Thanks for any information you have.

I am planning a project for 5/6/7th grade blended class on public
sculpture. We are going on a field trip to Washington. D.C. and I
wanted to study some the the sculpture beforehand. I found some
curriculum titled:
Public Sculpture / America's Legacy from the series America Past and
Present

by National Arts and Humanities Education Program, National Museum of
American Art - Smithsonian Institution

distributed by CrystalProductions P.O. Box 2159 Glenveiw. Il 60025
(800) 255-8629 - Fax: (708) 657-8149

I have looked it over and viewed the video. The video is great and
includes a variety of sculptures. It includes slides and 8 1/2" X11"
color prints.The study guide looks great, providing critical thinking
questions and projects.

Thanks for the web sites and I'm interested in any others you find out
about.

Anne Stecker
rekcets
Abiqua School