Re: Anglo/US translation !

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla harwitt (charwitt.us)
Sun, 6 Apr 1997 20:41:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi. To add to Cindy's info: some school systems (like mine) have "middle
school" instead of "junior high school." Middle school is grades 6-8.
High school is then 9-12 (students are about 18 when they graduate high
school). To get a Bachelor's Degree, you attend college for 4 years. A
Master's Degree is usually 2 years, and PhD is usually 4. A law degree
(usually a Juris Doctor or "J.D.") is three years.
I teach high school in Los Angeles and I teach several "Advanced
Placement" courses which are first-year college level courses taught to
high school students.
--Carla In LA