Re: Anglo/US translation !

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Cynthia Mesko (oususacm.edu)
Sun, 6 Apr 1997 12:48:29 -0600 (MDT)

Dear Mr. James,
It is nice to see someone on here from another country, welcome. I
thought I would let you know what the grades are. Kindergarten is age 5,
First grade is age 6... sixth grade is age 11... then we have junior high
which is usually 7th-9th grade age 13-15... then there is high school age
16-18 (tenth, eleventh, and twelth grade)... in college there are three
levels usually... an Bachelor of something degree... then a Masters and
then a Doctorate... Hope this helps, My dad grew up in Czech Republic,
and their last grade for high school was equivalent to our 9th grade and
then they would do an apprenticeship in some art work or trade. See ya,
Cindy Mesko

On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, James Nairne wrote:

> I'm enjoying all the discussions on this listserv especially from an
> English perspective but I hope you dont think me ignorant if I make a
> request...
>
> I don't know what ages your different school grades are. Nor what age
> students are attending secondary school, high school and college. Could
> someone translate...
>
> many thanks
> --
> James Nairne
>
> [james.n-way.co.uk]
> [http://schools.sys.uea.ac.uk/deepspace/jn/]
> [http://schools.sys.uea.ac.uk/schoolnet/bradfield/bradfld.htm]

  • Reply: carla harwitt: "Re: Anglo/US translation !"