Computer Graphics

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MRS SYBIL CONN (sybilconn)
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 15:21:46, -0500

-- [ From: sybil conn * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Chris, I am assuming that as a school you are not loaded with money...
from my experience with Serifs former versions of their drawing,
publishing and photo manipulating programs, I would say that they offer
a remarkable package. They are simple enough to use for all your grades.
Serif is offering brand new versions of all its programs in a package at
a great price.

Their address is: Serif, Inc.
PO Box 803 Nashua, NH 03061 (603) 889-8650 Fax: (603) 889-1127

Sybil
From: "J & C Maher" <mormar>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 17:13:03 -0500
Subject: computer graphics

Hi everyone,
I am a first year middle school art teacher. We are in the process of
building a new school and I have the chance to get 6 computers for my
classroom. I am interested to know about any software that you would
recommend. I use Photoshop, Quark, and Illustrator but I think those
programs may be more involved than I want to get. I will definitely get
Photoshop but I think there are probably easier (more intuitive)
programs for drawing, painting and desktop publishing.
I am also looking for suggestions concerning good art history CD Roms.
We tend to do lots of research and have found that some encyclopedias
just don't cut it. I do like Encarta but I am sure that some of the art
related CDs are better than others. Your input would be appreciated.
I am also interested in any experiences or opinion about teaching
computer graphics at this level. I have the 5th and 6th grades every
day for 10 weeks and 7th and 8th grades for 3 days out of a 6 day
rotation for 10 weeks. There will only be 6 computers (at best!) and
computers will be part of a traditional art class that is also gaining
clay and printmaking capabilities. I may decide to do a different
subject matter with each grade. Any opinions??????

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Chris

--
Sybil Conn
Pacific & Southwest States IG     Jump: Pacific