Fwd: anamorphic art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mcracker
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 18:46:37 -0500 (EST)

Am I imagining things, or is something wrong at the Getty list? No mail for
two days?????
Marcia
---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj: Fwd: anamorphic art
Date: 97-03-31 23:18:24 EST
From: Mcracker
To: artsednet

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj: anamorphic art
Date: 97-03-31 23:16:23 EST
From: Mcracker
To: bkramer.ca.us
CC: artsednet

Bunki-
The book I mentioned that tells about anamorphic art and other visual riddles
(which fascinate middle schoolers) is Hidden Pictures by Linda Bolden, Dial
Books, NY. The ISBN is 0-8037-1378-9. I bought it at the Walker Art Center in
Minneapolis for $14.99 in 1993. It comes with a mylar sheet which is rolled
into a tube to view some of the illusions with. I can never get over how the
video "Masters of Illusion" hooks my seventh graders when they start showing
the anamorphic stuff. I showed it today and they actually made me rewind to
see it again!
Marcia