Funny experiences

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (Alexander)mamjam)
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 21:42:41 -0500

>From: nancyg (Nancy Guyette)
>Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 19:50:23 -0400 (EDT)
>Subject: Funny Experiences
>
> I am interested in gathering funny experiences that other Art Teachers have
>had to laugh a bit and possibly make a book in the future.
> Please send an experience or two and we'll all have a chuckle.
> Charles Guyette Jeffersonville, Vermont

During my student teaching, I presented visual color blending and
Georges Seurat to my fourth grades. Then with markers we made small
landscape paintings of our own back yards using the pointillism method.
Afterwards, as we were reviewing vocabulary I asked, "Can someone tell me
what the art word is for the kind of painting that Georges Seurat was
famous for?" A very serious and sincere boy proudly replied, "Pointless!"

Mark Alexander
Soon to graduate Art Education Student from
Central Connecticut State University

mamjam(Mark Alexander)