Re: standards & competencies

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kathrine L Walker (klwalk)
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 12:53:36 -0500 (CDT)

Kansas Board of Education has approved a Visual Arts Education
Curriculum. It has been done in a horizantal format to allow you to see
how it meets the National Standards. (Mailing address for state Bof E is
120 S.E. 10th Ave. Topeka, KS 66612) Sandra Terril at the B of E is
also working with a Professional Standards Adivisory Board, working on
educator preparation and licensure to comly with the redesign. Marge
Banks, Fine Arts Coordinator
for the Olathe Public Schools has also written an article called "using
the National Standards to Drive Curriculum Development".

Kathrine Walker, Beach Museum of Art, Kansas State University