Computer technology...

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Daniella Ramos Barroqueiro (barroque)
Sat, 13 Apr 1996 17:54:10 -0600

> Sister Carla wrote:
>
> I am currently working on a grant to infuse technology (computers,
> multimedia) into an established art curriculum and then use technology
> to communicate the completed work to teachers through the internet.
> I am interested in visiting schools in which technology is already
> being used to teach art concepts/skills. Please assist me with
> addresses, if you can.
>
> A colleague and I are also working on integrating art within the
> broader curriculum as a part of the grant. If there is someone who
> can give us leads as to schools already integrating art in this way,
> please contact me. We alredy have some leads.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Sister Carla Huebner <huebnerc>
> Mount Mary College
> 2900 Menomonee River Parkway
> Milwaukee, WI 53222-4545
> (414) 258-4810

Hello Sister Carla.

I have visited an elementary school in Springfield,Illinois that advocates
computer technology in education. They hold computer conferences there and
have motem hook-ups in every room- even the gym! Athough I was there for
a computer workshop, I took a peek in the art room. They had one computer
in the corner of the room. I don't know to what extent the teacher uses
the web, but I would guess it is an integral part of classroom learning.
I cannot remember the name of the school, but it is an elementary schoo in
downtown Springfield. I believe it is considered to be the pilot school
for the use of computer technology in that area. Perhaps if you make a few
phone calls with this information, someone will be able to give you the
name and number of the school. Good Luck!

PS. If anyone out there knows the name of this school, please contact
Sister Carla.

Daniella R. Barroqueiro
University of Illinois