Re: incorporating art in the classroom

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kathrine L Walker (klwalk)
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 10:39:05 -0500 (CDT)

Book illustration would be one very logical tie. Also various writing
projects - from expository to creative - based on art.
NAEA has an advisory paper published in the spring of 1992 entitled
"Joint Statement on Integration of the Arts with Other Displines" as a
back-up source.
The Art Institute of Chicago pulished a Multiple Expressions Tour lesson
plan for "Art and Creative Writing" in 1991.
The Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery (4804 Hollywood Blvd. L.A. 90027
and a handbook called Introducing Poetry throught the Visual Arts.

Hope some of this is helpful
Kathrine Walker, Beach Museu of Art