Fwd: thematic unit building

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
RAdams6532
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 22:23:48 -0500

The Cab Calloway School for the Visual and Performing Arts is a middle school
in Wilmington, Delaware that has taught through themes. They are located in
the Red Clay Consolidated School District, and have a Board of Directors as
their governing body. They have alot to offer others who are becoming magnet
schools. They (their orig steering committee visited several schools and
have those experiences to share too.) Phone # is 302-651-2702. Hope this is
helpful.
---------------------
Forwarded message:
From: DSBArch
Sender: owner-artsednet
To: artsednet
Date: 96-04-03 20:40:56 EST

Our K-8 public school recently proclaimed itself an arts magnet school -
visual and performing arts through technology, to be exact.

Since we include performing arts, we add another dimension for all you
"visuals" out there.

I'm looking for 2 kinds of information since I don't like to reinvent the
wheel.
1. Resources, programs in operation which deliver project-based instruction
based on thematic units.

2. Other integrated arts K-8 public school we might visit through either
the Interstate or the Internet - east coast preferable, but will travel.