Re: [teacherartexchange] Tracking attendance and supplies in photo class

---------

From: Gina Arena (ginaarena_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 12 2011 - 07:46:22 PDT

Thanks for all the good suggestions. I've switched over to using a card
attached to the camera with velcro which the students sign and give to me
when checking out the cameras. I also have them return the SD cards to me
for the digital cameras instead of leaving them in the cameras. I've been
checking in with specific students that I feel are abusing the priviledge of
leaving the classroom to shoot and given cuts to those who have nothing to
show after being out for most of the class. I returned projects and was
severe in reducing points on the using class time wisely section. I've also
marked report cards with the comment "Poor use of class time". So I am
starting to see more cooperation from those who are giving me a problem. I
haven't taken away leaving the classroom priviledges, but that is next and
they have been warned.
Today I was out sick. I left specific instructions for what students
could/could not do, i.e., no darkroom, but developing negs was allowed,
shooting allowed but only for a limited time, contact sheet of what was done
needs to be printed for digital shooting. Every student is required to
submit that or write up an exit pass telling me what they did today.
Gina