Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Sheila Hicks - Career Woven from Life - Fiber Artist - NY Times

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2011 - 11:35:49 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

This will be my last post (to Getty list) referring you to New York
Times articles - so do bookmark their index so you can check yourself
to see what is new in the art world. Soon you may have to pay to
access articles (maybe a 20 article per month limit for free access?
Something like that).

Art & Design:

Sheila Hicks - A Career Woven fro Life - published 3-31-11 in New York Times
Nice slide show included

Retrospective now showing through Aug. 7

Amazing stuff! Check out her work - lots of inspiration for your fiber
arts units.

Judy Decker

P.S for Getty list members - As always - remember to remove member
email addresses before you click "send". Your efforts reduce the
amount of Spam we all receive. DIGEST USERS - remember to clip the
rest of the digest before you click "send". I realize many of you may
post from your cell phones - but I still do not see why you can not
take the extra two seconds to remove the digest before you post. When
you include the entire digest - you also post all member email
addresses which are archived on the Getty site. Since I can not
control what you folks do, I will simply reduce the number of posts I
make -- again. Sometimes, my posts take me quite a bit of time.
Granted, this one, I didn't spend much time on. I began it before at
least two digest members posted entire digests - including my email
address - so decided to make this my last one. Thank you to all Digest
users who have been considerate of all members. I will continue to
share my words of wisdom off list to members. For most questions, my
answers are already "out there" in Getty archives. Happy hunting for
those (smile).

To unsubscribe go to