[teacherartexchange] Sheila Hicks - Career Woven from Life - Fiber Artist - NY Times

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2011 - 11:35:49 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

This will be my last post (to Getty list) referring you to New York
Times articles - so do bookmark their index so you can check yourself
to see what is new in the art world. Soon you may have to pay to
access articles (maybe a 20 article per month limit for free access?
Something like that).

Art & Design:
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/arts/design/index.html

Sheila Hicks - A Career Woven fro Life - published 3-31-11 in New York Times
Nice slide show included

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/arts/design/sheila-hicks-50-years-retrospective-in-philadelphia.html?_r=1

Retrospective now showing through Aug. 7
http://www.icaphila.org/exhibitions/hicks.php
http://www.icaphila.org/

Amazing stuff! Check out her work - lots of inspiration for your fiber
arts units.

Enjoy,

Judy Decker

P.S for Getty list members - As always - remember to remove member
email addresses before you click "send". Your efforts reduce the
amount of Spam we all receive. DIGEST USERS - remember to clip the
rest of the digest before you click "send". I realize many of you may
post from your cell phones - but I still do not see why you can not
take the extra two seconds to remove the digest before you post. When
you include the entire digest - you also post all member email
addresses which are archived on the Getty site. Since I can not
control what you folks do, I will simply reduce the number of posts I
make -- again. Sometimes, my posts take me quite a bit of time.
Granted, this one, I didn't spend much time on. I began it before at
least two digest members posted entire digests - including my email
address - so decided to make this my last one. Thank you to all Digest
users who have been considerate of all members. I will continue to
share my words of wisdom off list to members. For most questions, my
answers are already "out there" in Getty archives. Happy hunting for
those (smile).