Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] back-up assignments

From: paulette keck (paulettekeck_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2011 - 10:51:59 PDT

Hello all,

I'm putting together a contract for my 8th grade students before we start with clay. They've never worked with it before and some have a few maturity issues - so I'm most worried about playing around and little balls of clay flying around the room.

I've talked it over with the administration and we agreed that I need to have a back-up assignment for any individuals who are not allowed to continue working with the clay. I need to come up with an assignment that can be worked on during class, yet not be preferred over clay and getting dirty. I've tried to come up with back-up assignments in the past, but it hasn't worked out so well. Anybody have a good assignment or idea?

I have the classes for about an hour every day, and the unit will last about a month.

Thanks for any and all advice.

8th grade

To unsubscribe go to