[teacherartexchange] DonorsChoose.org

---------

From: paulette keck (paulettekeck_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2011 - 09:26:41 PDT

Hey there fellow art teachers!

I just wanted to share some
exciting news! About 2 months ago I wrote up a www.donorschoose.org
ceramics project - actually two. And now they have both been fully
funded and the supplies are coming in!!! WooHoo!!!!

The whole
process was much faster than I thought. The first part of the project
was funded by an old college friend and AOL. And the 2nd was funded by
Stephen Colbert. When he was doing the fund raising on his show I
wondered how far $26,000 would go... And now he and Jimmy Fallon have
raised over $80,000!

I encourage all of you to write up a project and get free materials!

(I'll be posting to get some advice with the ceramics unit soon!)

Paulette
UA-BSSWA
8th grade