Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Moldy Clay

Date: Wed Apr 06 2011 - 03:36:40 PDT

This question has come up a number of times in the past. I remember someone once recommending oil of wintergreen (a really tiny amount) to kill the odor. I wonder how a bit of tea tree oil would work? It has natural disinfectant properties.
And I've heard the same stories about aging improving plasticity, and how Chinese potters would age clay for their descendants to use.
Sent from my iPad
On Apr 5, 2011, at 8:53 AM, Tina Vercelli wrote:
> My ceramics teacher in college always said the mold was good for the clay
> body! He could have been pulling our legs though!

To unsubscribe go to